You may be reading this thinking, what the heck is MCT? MCT stands for Medium Chain Triglycerides, which are essentially just fatty acids BUT we promise you, they are not just your typical source of fat. we know, it’s crazy to think that fats can be so special and complex right? But they are. Their unique chemical structure allows our body to digest them where they are then taken directly to the liver and converted to energy. MCT oil is a versatile product. It can be consumed in your coffee and as a topping on a variety of foods. You can also bake with it!
In the morning on an empty stomach for a quick energy boost. No blender required. Simply stir and go.
Coffee- iced or hot
● 8-12 oz. hot coffee
● 2 tbsp. emulsified creamy vanilla emulsified MCT oil
● 3 tbsp. chia seed
● ½ cup coconut milk
● 1 tbsp. coconut emulsified MCT oil
● 1 tbsp. favorite granola of choice
● Dash of cinnamon, optional
Add all ingredients together in a small bowl. Keep in fridge for 15 minutes to allow the chia seed to expand, soften and absorb the liquid to form a pudding-like consistency. Add more toppings of choice.
Tea- iced or hot
● 8 oz. hot water
● 1 black tea bag
● 1 tbsp. Creamy Vanilla Emulsified MCT oil
● Dash of cinnamon
Brew the tea. Stir in the emulsified MCT oil and top with cinnamon for an instant kick.
● ½ cup rolled or steel-cut oats
● 1-2 tbsp. Creamy Coconut emulsified MCT oil
● ¼ cup almonds
● 1 cup non-dairy milk of choice
● Dried, unsweetened or fresh fruit if desired
● Dash of cinnamon
Cook the oatmeal, then add in the EMCT. Top with the almonds, cinnamon and dried or fresh fruit. Be a boss for the day.
● 1 ½ cup coconut water
● ¾ cup frozen mixed berries
● ½ frozen banana
● 1 scoop Sports Research Collagen Peptides
● 1-2 tbsp. Creamy Coconut Emulsified MCT
● 1 tbsp. chia seed
Blend all ingredients and enjoy as a perfect, hydrating and energy-refueling post-workout shake.
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Unflavored emulsified MCT oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped herbs of choice (parsley, oregano, basil, chives, etc.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and crush the garlic.
- Put the lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and MCT oil in a jar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add finely chopped herbs.
- Shake well and store in fridge.